Friday, September 3, 2010

Ok, now what...?

Social media these days seems to be everywhere. Facebook, Twitter, Digg, Linkedin, etc. I'm the type of person that would give anything social media-y a chance knowing the power of its connection. Hell, I even tried Google Buzz. What a joke!

So Apple recently introduced 'ping', their social media thingie. I'm guessing the idea of it is (so far) better than its execution. Social media + Music = Success? I'm a junkie for both, but its not taking off like the iPhone or even the iPad.

Seems that Apple tried to get it to connect to facebook, but something happened and Facebook blcoked it. Strike 1.

Then even though there's been over a million users signed up in just 2 days, nobody knows what the hell they're supposed to do on it. Strike 2.

I admit, I'm a sucker, I signed up... but I'm with the masses and have no clue what the point of this thing is. Maybe in due time, Apple will unveil their evil plan and explain it all to us, but it seems (just like Google Buzz) it has 2 strikes against it in just 2 days, and we all know that if people can't figure it out easily or see a point in it, they won't flock toward it. Yes, I understand the cult following of Apple and their products. I'm a big fan of them... I have 2 computers and an iPhone from them. I get them, their evil plan, and they've lured me in. I just hope this doesn't follow buzz as the butt of jokes in the social media circles.

Oh well, here's my page for ping. If anyone is on there, feel free to add me. I'd love to figure this thing out with you and actually put it to good use... whatever that use may be. I just don't think this will be anything like Facebook or Twittter.

Region capture 2

0 comments: