Sunday, August 2, 2009

doing it Big Boy style!

Kami is becoming a big boy. Thats not good, because I haven't taken as many pics of him in the past 2 months as I did the first 14 months of his life. He's changed so much! He's walking, dancing, and climbing stairs, among other things. He has a 20+ word vocabulary and he'll be starting Montessori school in October! EEK!!!

We went last week to check out the school (Thao's in love w/ it), and its so crazy to think Kami is going to be going to school. SCHOOL!!! Before you know it, we'll be looking for colleges for him. :(

'Yo Gabba Gabba' has become such a staple in our household, Thao and I know the words to each episode and we catch ourselves singing along w/ the show when we're not even paying attention!

Today, we decide that 6 months of not cutting Kami's hair was enough torture for the boy and we needed to do something about it. On our way back from Austin, Thao contacted her aunt to see if she had time to cut Kami's hair. She did. We stopped by the house, and from the second we started to undress Kami to get him ready he hated it. He screamed through the whole thing as I took pictures. With every snip and cut, he looked more and more like a big boy. By the time they were done, his head, his body, and the table were covered with what looked like a half pound of hair!

After we cleaned him up, gave him a bath, and dried him up, he was a completely different Kami. Big Boy Kami now, no more Baby Kami!

BEN_1693

BEN_1694

BEN_1695

BEN_1699

BEN_1701

BEN_1705

BEN_1715

BEN_1720

BEN_1724

BEN_1730

BEN_1732

BEN_1737

BEN_1742

BEN_1745

I introduce to you, Big Boy Kami!!!
BEN_1754

BEN_1764

BEN_1769

2 comments:

Jason Lee said...

Oh my gosh, cuteness overload. He's gonna be a heartbreaker when he gets older. I still haven't cut my younger daughters hair yet, just can't bring myself to get it done.

Darryl Brown said...

He is a freaking cute kid. I love the I am a tuff guy look at the end.