Wednesday, November 26, 2008

The new toy has arrived.

I've been lusting after the Full Frame Nikon D3 since late last year when it was released. Earlier this year, to the surprise of everyone, Nikon introduced a semi-pro camera which basically was the D300 body and the D3 sensor and called it the D700.

New camera, new lust.

For the last month I've been contemplating whether I 'need' this camera... and the short answer, of course, is NO!. But then I asked, Do I *want* this camera? DUH!!!

So now that my itch had begun, I need the approval of 'the wife' to get it. Took me a few weeks to convince her, but I finally got the approval on Sunday! and ordered the camera. To my excitement today, it showed up and I've had such a terrible headache, I haven't had the chance to play with it. But I did set it up against the D300 to show the differences in the two cameras to myself and others. Small things, yes... but that sensor. Oh that sensor!!! So sexy and smooth. Here are the comparo shots...

Both bodies are the same, but the eye piece for the D700 is a tad taller, and it has the sexy little 'fx' emblem on the bottom right.
D300 vs. D700 front

Look at the difference on the two mirrors. Is it worth the extra money? first impressions says "HELL YA!"
D300 vs. D700 sensor

And of course the back. Nothing too much, just the viewfinder difference an extra button or two.
D300 vs. D700 back

All in all, I'm like a kid at a candy store with this thing. I can't wait to take picture after picture with it. I guess its true what they say... the older you get, the more expensive your toys get. But the part they didn't mention is the fact that you feel like that kid inside that just got his red bike on christmas morning, and for me, thats all that matters!!!

1 comments:

DCM Photography said...

so cool! I am glad you got this camera. Now I just need to convince Sean to buy one... or two!